Corporation of the Town of Parry Sound
Request for Quotes
Charles W. Stockey Centre for the Performing Arts
Concrete Repairs for Stockey Centre Bayside Deck and Front walkway
Installation of Accessible Access
- Front of Building:
- Remove and dispose of concrete patio stones currently at the front of the building. Area 45ft x 10ft approximately.
- Regrade and replace foundation materials to prepare for new surface. Remove existing sub grade material such that 6” of Gran A can be supplied, graded and compacted, bed patio stones in 1” of granite fines or clean sand, placed on the Gran A base
- Pour and set new concrete pad, or paving stones (current 2’x’2×2”) to replace and repair area. Quote and recommendations for both options requested.
Grind and patch all other cracks in the front walkway area as identified by the Stockey Centre General Manager.
Pink Sand fill to be supplied by proponent and graded to all sides and curbs to match existing.
For the concrete option, concrete to be 35 mpa, 7% air, max slump 3”, concrete to be minimum 5” thick, reinforced with 6x6x6 ga W.W. M. Provide tooled control joints at 10’ on centre
Provide full specifications on all recommended materials with cost breakdown for each part of the project
- Back of Building:
- Remove concrete pad section approximately 34ft x 20ft directly at the back tri door entrance, where cracking of existing has occurred.
Regrade and replace foundation materials to prepare for new surface.
Prepare subgrade with a min of 6” of compacted Gran A.
Pour new concrete pad and grade to back entrance. – concrete spec as above.
Grind and patch all other cracks on the back concrete patio, as identified by the Stockey Centre General Manager.
Pink sand fill to be supplied by proponent and graded to all sides and curbs to match existing.
Provide full specification on all recommended materials with a cost breakdown for each part of the project
- Accessible access through back lobby doors
Convert one door at the back of the building to an accessible door by adding the hardware and push button entry/exit devices to accommodate the current door system. Quote to include all electrical and plan for location of access buttons, inside and outside of building. Installation to conform to the latest edition of the O.B.C. Coordinate with the Town of Parry Sound for any required permits.
Contractor will be responsible for all of the following:
- All related aspects of the project including materials, labour, permits, fees and any applicable taxes.
- Proposed timeline for the project, relative to the amount of time required to completion
- Full cleanup of site and removal of any garbage, debris or excess product.
- Please provide warranty information
- Successful Proponent shall supply Insurance and WSIB insurance e-clearance.
- All work must meet AODA legislation (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) Ontario Building Code and all other applicable las.
- Quotes may be submitted for all or part of the projects and specification listed above
A full detailed breakdown of costs including materials, labour and taxes must be included.
Proponents are required to attend a site visit on Thursday September 29th, 2016 at 10:30 am.
2 Bay Street,
Parry Sound, Ontario
705-746-4466 X 207 or email email@example.com
Proposals must be submitted to the undersigned by 4pm, Thursday October 6th, 2016 to:
Charles W. Stockey Centre for the Performing Arts,
2 Bay Street,
Parry Sound, Ontario, P2A 1S3.
Quotes may be submitted by email or in hardcopy at 2 Bay Street, Parry Sound.
Please note that the lowest or any quotation may not necessarily be accepted.
Faxed quotes are not accepted.