Located amidst the 30,000 islands of Georgian Bay and a 2.5 hour-drive north of Toronto, the Town of Parry Sound offers an exceptional quality of life. Join us as our Curatorial & Collections Intern at the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame in this full-time one-year contract position.
The Curatorial & Collections Intern will assist the Curator with the implementation of a collections management database system for the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame. Once implemented, the Intern will work on cataloguing the museum collection using the new software, ensuring collections records are complete and up-to-date and creating the corresponding procedural documentation for the cataloguing process. The Intern will also assist the Curator and contracted design firm with the planning and re-design of the Hall of Fame’s permanent exhibit in addition to assisting the Curator with planning and implementation of a schedule of rotating exhibits.
Find a complete job description below or on the Town of Parry Sound’s website at (www.parrysound.ca).
Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) funding for the position requires the following:
- University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university.
- Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs.
- The position must provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study.
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with museum and/or archival collections and knowledge of care and handling requirements.
- Experience with collections management databases.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Ability to work with volunteers and as a member of a team.
- Understanding of the need for confidentiality, tact and discretion in a public environment.
This is a full-time 35 hour/week, one-year contract intern position at a salary of $36,519/year.
Please submit by e-mail only and in one document, your cover letter and resume, confirming your eligibility, and providing details of your education, training, and experience by 4 PM on Tuesday, March 24, 2020 to: Caitlin Dyer, Bobby Orr Hall of Fame Curator, at email@example.com.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
The Town of Parry Sound is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Town of Parry Sound Recruitment Policy. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest. We will contact those applicants selected for an interview.
This position is conditional on approval of (NOHFC) Internship funding.
|This Opportunity is Proudly Supported by:|