Located amidst the 30,000 islands of Georgian Bay and a 2.5 hour-drive north of Toronto, the Town of Parry Sound offers an exceptional quality of life. Join us as our Marketing & Digital Media Intern at the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame in this full-time one-year contract position.
You will take the lead on the development and implementation of a marketing plan for the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame and Gift Shop. Assist with planning, preparation and execution of a major renovation of the Gift Shop. Build engaging and informative content and exhibits for the Hall of Fame website, newsletter and social media channels.
Find a complete job description on the Town of Parry Sound website here Marketing and Digital Media Intern – BOHF.
Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) funding for the position requires the following:
– University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university.
– Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs.
– The position must provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study.
– Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time.
– Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong project management skills.
– Exceptional customer service skills.
– Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
– Excellent knowledge of computer applications and social media, high-level word processing skills and ability to grasp new systems and concepts readily.
– Ability to perform multiple, concurrent tasks.
– Ability to work with volunteers and as a member of a team.
– Understanding of the need for confidentiality, tact and discretion in a public environment.
This is a full-time 35 hour/week, one-year contract intern position at a salary of $35,908/year.
Please submit by e-mail only and in one document, your cover letter and resume, confirming your eligibility, and providing details of your education, training, and experience by 4 PM on Thursday, January 31, 2019 to: Caitlin Dyer, Bobby Orr Hall of Fame Curator, at email@example.com.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
The Town of Parry Sound is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Town of Parry Sound Recruitment Policy. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest. We will contact those applicants selected for an interview.
This position is conditional on approval of (NOHFC) Internship funding.
This opportunity is proudly supported by NOHFC an Agency of the Government of Ontario.